Primary Health Care Services for Adults and Children
Taking care of your general health is essential because it prevents your body from developing chronic illnesses such as cancer and diabetes. Primary health care services are affordable and easily accessible in local areas to ensure the general well-being of everyone. At Calvary Urgent Care, there are trained care providers who offer various health services to adults and pediatrics in Humble, TX including care for acute wounds and immunization.
What is primary health care?
Primary health care is simple, affordable, and essential care that meets societal standards such as:
· Affordability in cost
· Provision of health care to people of all ages
What does primary health care involve?
Primary health care encompasses a wide range of care services for both children and adults. Specialized doctors provide care services that include:
· Immunization· Family planning· Care for chronic wounds· Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome· STD testing· Drug testing· Health counseling· Imaging tests such as ultrasounds· Prescription of medicine· Minor surgical procedures like stitching a cut
There are different types of care providers at Calvary Urgent Care who are experienced and well trained. For example:
- Family physicians. A family doctor provides treatment and diagnosis of diseases to both children and adults. A family physician offers various types of services like child delivery and immunization.
- Pediatrician. This is a doctor who is trained to treat babies and teenagers.
- Internists. An internist is a medical doctor who specializes in treating diseases that affect your internal organs and provides care to adults only.
- Geriatricians are doctors who specifically offer treatment of complex diseases to elderly people.
- Obstetrician/gynecologist (OB-GYN). This doctor takes care of women’s health including pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and postpartum disorders.
- Nurses. A nurse is a medical practitioner who works closely with a doctor to diagnose and treat different health problems such as chronic wounds and bone fractures.
At Calvary Urgent Care, you will get care for both you and your child. Your child’s pediatrician will check on your child’s growth progress and give you dietary guidelines to maintain your baby’s health. These instructions include.
- Give your child plenty of vegetables, fruits, and legumes
- Include wholegrain in the meals of your child. For example, bread and rice
- Control the intake of fats for your child
- Ensure your child drinks plenty of water
- Feed your child with a meal that is balanced in nutrients
- Limit the amount of sugar that your child consumes
Benefits of primary health care
- Primary health care helps you to detect any illness during its early stages when treatment is more straightforward.
- It is not costly and provides treatment and diagnosis of various types of health conditions.
- Ensures you are healthy and helps you avoid health conditions such as diabetes, cancer, and high blood pressure.
Do not ignore the general health of your body. Regularly visiting your health care specialist will help prevent you from developing severe conditions like cancer. Visit your doctor at Calvary Urgent Care to get diagnosed and treated. Book a session with your health specialist to improve your body’s well-being.