AWESOME GIVEAWAY ALERT: Before you read what my personal, professional and fitness goals for November, head on over to my Instagram page, find the image below, double-tap it to like it, and follow the instructions in the caption to enter to WIN $500 worth of awesome fitness gear and goodies that Kaella, Jen, Ange, Carmy, Heather, Allison, Janice and myself love from some of our favourite brands, including a Yoga Wheel from YogDev, Vega One Nutritional Shakes form Vega, Mizuno cold weather running gear, Starbucks Coffee and more! But hurry – it’s only open until November 9 (for US and Canadian residents only), so get your entry in today!
Giveaway time! We are giving you a chance to win an amazing package full of fitness gear and goodies from your favourite Canadian fitness bloggers’ most loved brands to help keep you fit and healthy this fall. The prize (valued at $500) includes: * Vega One Nutritional Shake (2 tubs) and a Vega shaker cup * YogDev Yoga Wheel * Mizuno Breath Thermo accessories pack (hat, gloves and arm warmers) * Tiux Compression socks * Damn Good Sports Group One More Mile leggings * Starbucks gift card ($80) How to Enter: 1. Follow me (@runliftyogi). 2. Like this post (this is your entry). 3. Go to @salads4lunch 4. Continue through loop. Follow each participant and like each photo until you end up back here. 5. For additional entries, follow @vega_team and @teamtiux (one entry), and tag 2 friends on this post you think would love this giveaway (one entry). You MUST follow all participants in the loop to be entered to win. Once you have made it back to the original images, you have entered to win this amazing prize pack. Good luck! Giveaway Rules: All entries must be completed by November 9, 2016 at 11:59 pm. Open to US & Canadian Residents Must be 18 years or older Profile must be public for duration of contest and 48 hours after to confirm entry This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with Instagram. No purchase necessary. #chasethisskirt #mizunocanada #bestlifeproject #runjumpgo #yogdevyoga #loopgiveaway #giveaway #giveaways #win #fitnessgiveaway
In light of last week’s post about why you should focus on consistency with small habits instead of end goals, I’ve decided to change up what I plan to focus on this month from previous months. Although most of my goals are already small habit changes, sometimes I still focus too much on my end goals: having more money available to spend on vacations and paying off debt, leaning out for faster marathon times, finding more meaning and purpose in my career, and spending quality time with loved ones. While it’s important to know what you’re working towards, too much big-picture thinking and not enough consistent action slows down progress – at least for me, anyway. So here’s what I plan to work on this month.
- Push hard at least three times a week during my workouts – past when I would normally quit and do three more of anything (reps, minutes, kilometres, etc.). I’ve mentioned before how I get complacent with fitness sometimes and only push when I have to, like during a race. I need more practice getting uncomfortable, so I’m going to do three more push-ups (even if I have to take breaks in between reps), three more minutes of running at my max on the treadmill, and three more kilometres on my Sunday long run.
- Limit myself to 200 calories of chocolate a day (about four squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate). Oh chocolate, my kryptonite. I quit it cold turkey for a while and noticed a major improvement in my skin (chocolate is high in arginine and tends to cause fever blister outbreaks for me), but lift is too short to give it up forever. I’ve found a good threshold with four squares a day, and need to stop there this month.
- Spend at least two evenings a week with no agenda other than to just relax. That could mean reading, having a bath, going out for dinner for a date night with Matt, having a wine and appy night with the girls, or just watching Netflix on the couch with Matt and the pups. I have a hard time not doing SOMETHING productive each day, and with so much on the go already (work, four regular personal training clients, the blog, the odd writing gig now and again) I need to allow myself some down time to keep stress at bay.
- Pay off anything I put on my Visa immediately (well, at least within three days). I’m bad for using my Visa for paying for something online and not paying it off right away, and just putting a lump sum payment towards my Visa each month that sometimes doesn’t always cover everything I spent. So for this month, aside from continuing to follow my budget, anything that goes on Visa gets paid off right away.
- Look into higher education. I have a few ideas, but I’d need to make financing work by applying to a few funding programs available to government employees. So this goal is TBD, but just so you know, I’m looking into it 🙂
What are your goals for this month?
What kind of goals do you set and why? (SMART goals, tiny habits, etc.)