If Girls Ran the World: Join me in running and fundraising this October for female-focused charities
This October, the #sweatpink community is taking on a big, inspiring, community-powered goal that we want you to join us for: we’re collectively running around the world (that’s 24,901 miles — or 39,842 kilometres — which is equal so the circumference of the Earth) to empower girls and women. We can’t imagine a better way to combine what we believe in most — fitness and #girlpower — than the If Girls Ran the World event.
Studies show that when women are supported and empowered, all of society benefits. So please join me in running miles and raising funds for female-focused charities.
My charity of choice is Every Mother Counts for the fantastic work they do to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. Now that I’m at that age where all my close friends already have or are ready to have babies, the thought of going through pregnancy and delivery without a team of top-notch healthcare providers by your side is frightening. So much can go wrong, and I can’t imagine what it would be like to be pregnant without proper healthcare and support. I’m thankful to live in a country where this isn’t as much of an issue, and love what Every Mother Counts does to ensure all women all over the world have access to a similar level of support.
Aside from committing to running 100 miles (about 160 km) in October, I’ve also committed to raising $250 to Every Mother Counts as part of the campaign. You can help me raise funds for this charity by visiting my donation page and giving whatever you can using the ‘Give Now‘ button.
Want a chance to win a FREE registration for the If Girls Ran the World event? (A $25 value). Simply fill out the giveaway form below!
When you register, you’ll receive:
- Access to the If Girls Ran the World month long global challenge
- Your own personal fundraising page for the cause that means the most to you
- The opportunity to set your own individual fitness and fundraising goals
- Inspiring emails filled with fundraising coaching, fitness tips, and custom (healthy) global recipes crafted by nutrition experts delivered as we reach various geographical milestones
- Exclusive access to join in four online RunSocial community runs to virtually explore Death Valley, Banff, Tibet and Bali
- Exclusive access to local If Girls Ran the World in person run groups/meet-ups
- Opportunity to take part in weekly fitness and fundraising challenges with prizes such as an Oiselle prize pack, a Fitbit Blaze, a year supply of Kind Snacks, Hoka One One shoes, a $500 donation to your cause of choice, and more
- Hero Kit including tech tee and globe pendant necklace for the first 500 people to raise $250
Pretty sweet, right? Collectively and virtually run around the world to benefit charities that empower girls globally AND have a chance to win awesome prizes? Sounds like a worthwhile cause to me.
How many miles do you plan to run in October? Comment below to enter to win a free registration to If Girls Ran the World event in October!