Before I get into a recap of my weekly workouts, I have some exciting news to share!
I will be sharing the rest of my marathon training trials and tribulations as a blogger over on the Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon’s website as well as on my own blog. This will be my eighth straight year running this race — two half marathons and six full marathons — so I’m excited to help promote the race somewhat more “officially”, because it’s still my most favourite race to run (yes, even more than the Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon… mainly because it was way too hot during that race that day and there wasn’t enough water on the course). Thanksgiving weekend just wouldn’t be the same without running 42.2 km before enjoying a big turkey dinner with family and friends, so even though I was on the fence about running another marathon this year, I’m glad I signed up.
The reason why I started this blog in the first place was to document and share how my training was going ahead of my first race ever (which was the 2009 Royal Victoria Half Marathon), so naturally I’ve been posting race recaps of this race ever since. Apparently I raced a lot without “training” over the years, which is not something I recommend most people should attempt, but it’s fun to go back and read them nonetheless. I’ve definitely come a long way in terms of speed and knowledge about running and racing!
- 2015: So I ran another marathon without training…
- 2014: I DID IT! I qualified for the Boston Marathon! (this was seriously one of the best days of my life!)
- 2013: Mind over legs? How to run a marathon without training
- 2012: How to train for a half marathon without actually training…
- 2011: Training update and race recap – Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon
- 2010: The marathon
- 2009: 1st Half Marathon – 1:59:52